One of our favorite meals is Black Bean Chicken Chili. We all love it. It magically disappears from the girls’ bowls and they quickly ask for seconds. It’s also incredibly easy to make.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 (28oz each) cans of stewed tomatoes, UNdrained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese for the topping (optional)
- avocados for the topping (optional)
- fritos for topping (optional)
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- salsa for topping (optional)
- Cook chicken, onion, bell pepper, garlic and chicken broth in a dutch oven over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add all other ingredients (except toppings). Stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30-35 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve with toppings as desired.